Monday, February 2, 2009

How many Sichuanese does it take to move house?



Yujie Dongjie, Chengdu 090202 ©Ingrid Booz Morejohn

Saw this bunch of geniuses moving someone's house yesterday. The big discussion was how to load the last remaining piece of furniture on to the truck. After much head-scratching they shoved, scraped, smashed and crammed the piece on and tied it up. None of the furniture was protected in any way, it looked like a pile of junk on its way to the dump. Reminds me of a move I made in Hong Kong. We all used a group of guys called "the little boys". When I was moving back to Sweden I hired them to cart off my boxes to the shipping office. The first thing they did was kick the boxes down the stairs, letting each box happily bounce and crash from step to step, like in a cartoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment