Monday, August 10, 2009

I have not abandoned you!

Sailing across the reservoir at Simatai after hiking 12 km on the Great Wall from Jinshanling. You can have this much fun in China! Photo © Michael Hansson

I'm sure that it seems like I have abandoned this blog but it's not true! It is only China that has abandoned us innocent bloggers. Blogspot (and Facebook) has been blocked now for some time and I can only post this because for a short time I am outside of the Bamboo Iron Curtain and able to access my site without any obstructions. 

When we/I will be able to able to post again is anyone's guess (posting through a backdoor is like eating candy with the wrapper on, just NOT the same sensation). Not being able to blog is actually painful, I miss it and feel like an important part of my life is missing. 

So come on China - grow up and realize that this is not where the battle should be fought!

2 comments:

  1. Ajaj Kina! Censur av nätet är INTE bra. Lycka till, det måste vara trist att inte kunna blogga och inte kunna läsa vad du vill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det ÄR verkligen supertrist, att blogga är ett underbart sätt att nå ut till folk och att hålla kontakt, det blir som ett behov som måste stillas varje dag. Att också inte ha full tillgång till information jag vill komma åt är också oerhört simpelt och trist, nu sitter jag på min semestertid i Sverige och jobbar med helt oskyldiga saker som jag inte alls kan komma åt i Kina. UGH. Och jag som har jobbat med att sprida positiv information om Kina i nästan 25 år nu. Veta hut Kina!

    ReplyDelete